This summer, The Irish Store took off for sunny (!) Sligo in the west of Ireland, with a case full of knitwear and a camper van crammed with models, marketers, photographers, and CEOs! Since we published our favorite ever images a few months ago, our models have built up quite the fanbase (helloooo Brian). As a mid-season treat, let’s take a peak behind the scenes at the “gas craic” 14 best things to enjoy about an Irish knitwear fashion shoot. It’s almost as fun as being there!
1. You get to wear the most amazing Irish clothing
The best thing about being a model? Easy, the clothes.
2. You get to share your sensitive side
Here’s Brian, deep in poetic thought.
3. You use karate to battle the elements
The models developed all sorts of strategies to cope with un-model-like Irish weather.
4. Blow dries not required
On the sunny side, much money was saved in the hairdressing budget.
6. There’s always another sweater to wear
“Have I spilled something on my new sweater?” “Yes Brian, you have (again)!”
7. There is always someone to lean on
Models looks out for each other.
8. No one complains if you steal their drink
We know what you were up to, Sylvia.
9. Marketing Managers ‘moonlight’ as photographer’s assistants
After modeling, this was Ross’s second favorite new job.
10. You can enjoy a pint after a long day
Look how delighted Brian is to be drinking at work.
The work day ended in typical Irish style with a traditional music session.
12. No one minds if you get a little tipsy
Ladies like Sarah aren’t used to Guinness.
13. Scarfs for everyone
Leonard wonders if anyone has noticed his new accessory.
14. Everyone is FABULOUS
It’s fashion, dahling!
View all the results of our 2014 photo shoot on theirishstore.com!