Hi Everyone. I hope I find you all well. We’re all spending so much more time in our homes so this week I thought I would share some much loved Irish recipes along with some gorgeous Irish homeware to add some Celtic style to your at-home dining experience.
Lulu’s Top 5 Irish Homeware Gifts
1. Belleek Irish Claddagh Bowls
The Claddagh Collection from the renowned Belleek features the classic Irish symbol of love, loyalty and friendship beautifully embossed on to cool cream china giving a modern look with a distinctly Irish feel. This set of 2 Irish pottery bowls will make an elegant addition to any Irish dinner service. Perfect for serving up some hearty Irish Stew! See recipe below;
Ireland’s original peasant food was borne out of necessity. Vegetables and cheap cuts of meats cooked slowly and in large quantities to make it last. These days, the meat traditionally used is a lamb and everyone has their own variation on this classic Irish dish. Watch the video below as me and The Irish Store team show you how to make my mother’s very own recipe.
2. Galway Crystal Irish Coffee Recipe Glasses
Aromatic coffee with a sprinkling of sugar, a healthy dash of smooth Irish whiskey, all topped off with lightly whipped cream. There’s nothing like the quite like an Irish coffee and now you can enjoy this unmistakable taste of Ireland to the full with these beautiful Irish crystal coffee glasses. Preparation is made easy, with handy measures on each glass for each ingredient, and a scattering of lucky Irish shamrocks to wish you health to drink. See below for the recipe-Slainte!
Joe Sheridan Irish Coffee Recipe
Pre-heat a clear stemmed Irish coffee glass with very hot water. Empty the water, and add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. Add some freshly brewed rich coffee and stir. When the sugar melts, add a generous measure of Irish whiskey (about 2.5cl). Stir again, then wait for the brew to still. Take a hot teaspoon and pour gently whipped fresh cream slowly over the back of the spoon. Your cream should be “half whipped” i.e. not too stiff and not too liquid. The perfect Irish Coffee should look pretty much like Ireland’s other famous drink – Guinness!
3. Belleek Cake/Bread Plate
Give your cakes and breads the perfect Irish presentation with this stunning china platter from the world renowned Belleek. Ideal for serving up a loaf of yummy Irish soda bread!
Soda Bread Recipe
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- A teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 ½ cups of buttermilk (or milk substitute)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, caraway seeds, baking soda and salt into one mixing bowl.
- Add buttermilk and stir until large moist clumps form.
- Gather dough into a ball and knead until the dough becomes smooth and holds together.
- Roll into a large bowl and lightly flour the outside. Place the dough ball on a non-stick baking sheet and shape into 6-inch diameter by a 2-inch small mound.
- Cut a 1-inch deep X across the top, extending towards the edges.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool completely.
- Slice into 8 wedges and serve with lots of butter!
4. Galway Crystal Longford Miniature Brandy Decanter Set
This stunning Irish crystal decanter and brandy glasses set is sure to be a cherished centerpiece in any home. Beautifully cut and polished by the highly skilled craftsmen at Galway Crystal, it features their signature Longford pattern and exudes old world charm and sheer elegance.
5. The Erin Aran Throw
So when you’ve had your Irish stew and soda bread, it’s time to cozy up with your Irish Coffee on the couch with snuggly Irish blanket! The 5 star customer rated Erin Aran Throw features Aran honeycomb and cable stitching in exquisite detail. The yarn is luxurious pure wool and it comes in shades of rich green and warm oatmeal. Add a little piece of Ireland to any room!
Take care of yourselves and each other,
Slán go fóill!
Do you have a Belleek mug with a lid?
I’m afraid we don’t. I know there was one available some time ago but Belleek don’t seem to stock it anymore. Maybe a good idea to d#contact them directly. See link below;
Thanks for reading!